|Job Ref:||204723138||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
£32,000 - £40,000
We are currently representing a leading consumer product manufacturer in there search for a talented design engineer to join an established multi-disciplined R&D team.
Working under the Design Manager, you will need to be comfortable in all aspects of product development. You will ideally have experience of designing consumer electronics or household devices and bring with them the knowledge of designing injection moulded components for low cost, high volume manufacture.
You will utilise their extensive CAD skills to develop components ready for tooling as well as preparing the associated documentation in support of the release to production. As a good communicator they will be as comfortable working in our multi-disciplined team as they are corresponding with our factories in the far-east.
Principle duties and responsibilities to include:
* Product concept generation
* Development of products / product modules
* Mechanical specification for new products / product modules
* Project management against NPI process
* Modification of existing designs
* Creation of design documentation in support of release to production
* Validation plan development and Validation testing
* Maintaining design data
* Design of development of test equipments, jigs and fixtures
* Technical support for existing products
* Technical liaison with other departments including concept design review & drawing pack management
You should have the following attributes:
* Experienced design engineer with applicable degree / equivalent and 5+ years post qualification experience.
* Strong 3D Modelling skills and ability to produce detailed manufacturing drawings
* Experience of designing plastic injection moulded components essential
* A good grasp of engineering and design principles
* Experience of designing for consumer electronics or household products desirable
* Experience of high volume design for manufacture preferable
If you're interested in the role available please apply via the link provided.
Key word search: design engineer, mechanical design, product design, senior design, solidworks, proengineer, creo, plastics, injection moulding, high volume