|Job Ref:||204723058||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Caldicot||Address:||Post Code:||NP26||Salary:||£25 - £27/hour +25% for nights||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
I am looking for a Section Engineer to Join a Tier 1 JV on a rail project in Newport, South Wales. The project is based at Newport Station and involves piling, structural steelwork and general civils works. The works are due to be completed in the Summer of 2017. The current team compromises of 11no. staff that includes, engineers, foreman and site agents. |
The Section Engineer position requires both day and nightshift working, including some works being carried out on Saturday nights and bank holiday periods.
The following is a list of typical duties the Section Engineer will be expected to carry out, though comprehensive, it is not exhaustive and the role includes undertaking other duties as required by Management to facilitate the successful completion of the project:
- Supervise and monitor construction activities and the sub-contractors.
- Undertake setting out and surveying, ensuring equipment is serviced and calibrated as required.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are complied with.
- Manage Site/Placement Engineers.
- Aid in the professional development of the Site/Placement Engineers where required.
- Manage site diaries and their distribution.
- Check drawings and schedules, preparing and relaying relevant information to various sub-contractors.
- Plan upcoming works and liaise with the Senior General Foreman to ensure resources are available to meet the agreed programme.
- Coordinate with both designers and sub-contractors engaged in the project as necessary.
- Manage Quality Control for all work across the station and ensure work is delivered as per the relevant specifications.
- Resolve any unexpected technical issues and other problems as they occur.
- Fully interact with other teams where there is an interface or involvement with the work being carried out on the station.
- Strive for continuous improvements and innovation where possible.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- A Degree, Bachelors, MSc or HND in Civil Engineering
- Rail experience, specifically working for Tier 1 contractor on Network Rail station or signalling project
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills; able to manage mini projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- CSCS qualification
A PTS qualification is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will not only benefit form working for this excellent contractor but will also benefit from working with Carmichael UK. We pay weekly, offer support with CSCS, PTS and Lucas tests, have a competitive referral scheme and retail discounts on our Hummingbird website.
Please apply now if you are interested