|Job Ref:||204722976||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newtown||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £1/annum Salary and package negotiable||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:23|
The Laboratory Manager traditional role has covered the following:|
• Health & Safety in Laboratories - Training & Induction, Routine Tests, PAT testing.
• Developing, Documenting, training and enforcing Best Practices
• Supporting Laboratory conformance to ISO17025, UL CTDP, CE
• Maintenance & Calibration of Equipment
• Design, Acquiring and maintaining Bespoke Motor Rigs & Test Equipment.
• Consumable Replenishment.
The new role Laboratories Manager (emphasis on the plural)
The new role will oversee the above traditional responsibilities, but will be dominated by a Project Management approach to developing and maintaining Infrastructure to support NPD and Application development.
• Take ownership and overall responsibility for E&D's 16 different areas supporting the NPD and Application activities of 90+ E&D and Business development staff
• Manage a continuous program of Laboratory infrastructure and NPD/Apps support projects and initiatives.
• Drive change and training in the organisation.
• Manage Budgets, Expenditure, and Contractors.
• Support expansion from traditional Drives testing into Applications and Machines
• Support site-wide HS&E liaising effectively with the Global HS&E Manager, Site Services & Maintenance to install process and drive change & corrective actions.
• Manage more, Less Hands on.
• Develop process & tools to improve efficiency and support self-sufficiency
• Support and advise laboratories in other E&D sites.
• Project Management skills.
• Strong Cultural improvement approach.
• Manage with confidence & authority.
• Focuses on removing barriers to progress rather than capitulate to them.
• Takes Pride and ownership of our 16 NPD and Application development areas.
Education / Experience:
• Minimum BEng in Electrical & Electronic or Mechanical Engineering. If from the latter, the candidate must have an appreciation of electrical and electronic systems or products, or have come from and Electrical systems or product design background.
• Minimum 3 Experience in Project engineering / Project management and co-coordinating with people from a variety of areas in order to achieve and implement a particular design or job.
• Experience desirable in managing and developing reporting staff