|Job Ref:||204722868||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Guildford||Address:||Salary:||£44000 - £49000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
Job title: Principal Highways Engineer|
Salary: £44K - £49K
To successfully lead, manage and deliver a wide range of highways and multi-disciplinary projects. The job role will also include contributing to our business development, through building and maintaining client relationships, to win new and repeat work. This position will also potentially include the development and oversight of a small team, where the successful candidate will be responsible for the management, appraisal and career development of the team members.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
1. Good project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects for various clients concurrently.
2. A proven track record of working closely with clients, meeting client's expectations whilst maintaining relationships
3. An ability to develop, review, amend and negotiate project scopes, fee proposals and manage change control.
4. A proven track record in the preparation of scoping documents and delivering projects that satisfy client's objectives.
5. A proven track record delivering projects on time, to budget and to a high customer satisfaction
6. Stakeholder management.
7. Contractual understanding
8. Change Management
1. Significant experience of highways and traffic engineering design, ideally gained in a consultancy background.
2. Demonstrable industry experience, with a good understanding of the latest highways design standards and guidance, e.g. DMRB, TSRGD and Highways England guidance and procedures as applicable. Ability to apply them with minimal supervision and ability to train junior members
3. Good written skills and track record in the preparation and checking of reports, technical specifications etc.
4. Proven experience in feasibility, preliminary and detailed design, including associated traffic management requirements, and experience of writing technical specifications and reports.
5. Proven experience in various fields of highway design including geometric design, drainage design, pavement design, road signs and markings.
6. Ability to undertake designer's duties in accordance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
7. Experience of coordinating utility searches and assessing potential conflicts.
Business development / client relationship management:
1. A clear track record of successful client management, including evidence of developing client relationships and repeatedly winning business.
2. Preparation of tender and contract documentation and contract administration
3. Seasoned professional in bid writing.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
1. An engineering degree from a reputable university
2. Extensive experience, ideally gained in a consultancy background
3. Achieved Chartered status through ICE, CIHT or equivalent, and have appropriate professional accreditations.
4. Line management experience, leading a team of 2+ staff, and ability to undertake staff appraisals and coach others.
5. Experience motivating, developing and counselling junior staff and supporting them in delivery of projects with appropriate guidance, mentoring and encouragement
6. Worked collaboratively with clients, other designers and contractors
7. A track record of building and maintaining client relationships, winning new or repeat work
8. Relevant project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2/APMP).
9. Good client connections (public and private sector) in the London and the South East markets
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn