|Job Ref:||204722854||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Tewkesbury||Address:||Salary:||£33000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
Job title: Senior Highways Design Engineer|
Salary: £33K - £40K
The Tewkesbury Highways team is seeking a Senior Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of this established and experienced team working on exciting highway projects. Due to recent successes the team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate seeking new and exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will form part of an existing team to deliver a number of highway and transportation schemes for a number of public and private sector clients both in the UK and overseas. The role offers an excellent opportunity to travel to meet our widely distributed clients and to work with internal and external teams in other offices and sites.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning, detailed design and onto construction.
Design automation and BIM is a key function within the team and we are particularly interested in individuals with the skills and experience to contribute to our future aspirations. The role will include leading the development and training of technicians and engineers on the latest tools and techniques.
1. The candidate will be required to manage the preparation designs and specifications. Duties will include:
2. Preparation of designs in accordance with DMRB
3. Development of designs in AutoCAD, MX and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
4. Develop and manage the design workflows in the delivery of multidisciplinary projects.
5. Management of small to medium sized schemes from inception to completion.
6. Management of highways elements of major projects.
7. Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
8. Production of technical reports as required
9. Co-ordinating and supervising work undertaken by junior staff including technicians, graduates and apprentices and acting as a technical mentor.
1. The successful candidate will be degree qualified in civil engineering or another appropriate subject and be working towards membership of an appropriate professional engineering institution. Current experience of working with industry design standards and guidance.
2. The successful candidate will be capable of working to tight project timescales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach.
3. Evidence of good communication and team work skills will be sought.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn