|Job Ref:||204722448||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winchester||Address:||Salary:||£35.00/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:22|
We are currently assisting our client, a local authority based in Hampshire to recruit a Senior Drainage Engineer to work in the highways design team on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the area.|
We need somebody who has gained proven work experience in the design of drainage solutions for highways and infrastructure projects. The role will combine project management and hands-on drainage design.
To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
* Civil Engineering degree
* Chartered status or working towards
* Substantial drainage design experience gained with highways and major infrastructure schemes
* Strong knowledge of DMRB and Sewers for Adoption standards for drainage design
* Expertise in software design methods such as MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and Civils3D
* Understanding of flood modelling of overland flow and its application in highways projects
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* A strong team-working ethic is essential
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Drainage design and modelling using a variety of software and manual calculation methods.
* Performing and managing required activities associated with drainage design (major highways and infrastructure projects)
* Project duties will include preparation of design solutions at various stages of a project; preparation of drawings, reports, specifications and estimates;
* Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Team Leaders / Senior Managers and clients when required to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project.
* Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members, such as junior engineers, technicians and apprentices