|Job Ref:||204722389||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dunbar||Address:||Post Code:||EH42||Salary:||£24.00/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
Rullion has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Technician based at the Torness Nuclear Power station. This will be a 6 month contract paying up to £24phr.|
Ideally you will have operational knowledge of the Nuclear sector & working knowledge of nuclear sites.
The position would suit an individual motivated to succeed and comfortable working in a team environment. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme. Such responsibilities will include:
1) Report to the Nuclear Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
2) Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Supervisor/Engineer to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Order Car; Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
3) Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Project Supervisor/Engineer.
4) Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
5) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
6) Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.)
7) Use any plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instructions provided.
8) 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
9) Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
10) Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
11) Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
12) Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Mechanical Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Reside locally, e.g. within an approximate 30 mile radius of Torness, between Berwick upon Tweed and Edinburgh