|Job Ref:||204717796||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
My client is an international supplier to power generation industry and they have an excellent opportunity for a MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to join their team based from Doncaster, South Yorkshire.|
To carry out all or part of the Mechanical Design Engineers role for selected Projects, working under the direction of the Engineering Manager and with other engineers, to ensure that the Customer's specified engineering and contractual requirements are interpreted fully and correctly, in accordance with standards, all regulatory bodies, and within the Project budget and time schedule.
To maintain a high level of proficiency and knowledge in general process engineering, specifically with regard to the various technologies in use, their application in the market, standards and operating procedures.
* To produce a range of mechanical designs and associated documentation required for the project as identified in the Project Plan, including but not limited to:
• Foundation Drawings
• Plant GA Drawings
• Plant Detail Drawings (as required)
• BOM's for project specific parts
• Installation Drawings
• Pipework Drawings (conceptual or detailed)
• Showing layout, expansion & support criteria
• Basic design information for outsourced packages
• Design calculations (as required)
* To attend site (possibly overseas) to measure-up and collect sufficient information to allow the design work to proceed where required, and to attend Customer meetings to discuss mechanical design aspects when required.
* To work with, and as directed by the Mechanical Engineering Team Leader to fill the gaps in mechanical design documentation which arise from the coordination of outsourced design work, to ensure that the overall mechanical design documentation package is complete.
* To assist with the coordination and task management of any engineering sub-contract staff working internally on the project, ensuring that they are working effectively at the required quality.
* To manage the mechanical design work through the project plan on a weekly basis, maintaining consistent forecasts of all outstanding work required and the time necessary to complete this, with all project work being time-booked within the cost recovery system (currently SAP).
* To assist with the maintenance and implementation of the Company's Mechanical Design Engineering standards, as directed by Engineering Management, and to share good practice with colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or HNC / HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering / Design discipline
* Be proficient in the use of Inventor
* Have a proven background of technical design within an engineering / manufacturing environment
* Ideally will have used Navisworks
* Ideally be familiar with point Cloud software
* An element of international travel as required so a full British Passport is required
* Must have strong verbal communication skills.
* Full UK Drivers Licence
* Ability to travel within the UK or overseas as & when required