|Job Ref:||204717614||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:25|
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Principle Design Engineer (Mechanical). |
The client is looking for this role to be filled for 3 months
initially with the following hours and pay rate:
Monday - Friday 37 hours per week 7.30 start.
£35 per hour.
Post Holders principle tasks and responsibilities are:
* Providing design support in appropriate Engineering Discipline.
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for, training,
health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Preparing and checking design documentation as required.
* Authorising design documentation as directed by Supervisor.
* Preparing Design Reviews
* Representing Group and/or Department as directed by Supervisor.
* Management of design teams as assigned by Supervisor.
* Supervising, planning and controlling work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine,
commercial and equipment projects.
* Providing business development support across company departments.
* Managing of Design teams involved in the preparation of Commercial tenders.
* Preparing design estimates and schedules.
* Preparing Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design
* Acting as Project Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for
* Providing technical recommendations for selecting sub-contractors and/or
* Providing liaison/management of technical aspects of work carried out by
* Liasing with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liasing with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
* Projects Managers - Project related issues (to include supporting Project
Lead activities as appropriate).
* Design/Technical Managers - Design/Technical issues. Task orientated.
* Client FNC, LSC sites.
* Subcontractors - Supply of equipment and services
* Production/Fabricators: to resolve technical queries.
* MoD Section Leaders, and Desk Officers - Customer communications.
Post Holder is authorised to:
* Undertake the supervision, preparation and checking of design documentation.
* Represent the client Design Authority when requested to do so