|Job Ref:||204717492||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:25|
Design Engineer (Roads)|
Location Telford or Birmingham
To be responsible for activities relating to the value management, design and contract preparation of highway schemes delegated to you by the Team Leader.
* Preparing Road Renewal and/or Improvement designs
* Preparing technical reports
* Dealing with project related correspondence
* Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief
* Undertake site surveys when required
* Assisting in project administration and control including monitoring of costs and programme
* Work in collaboration with the other divisions including Commercial and Delivery
* Mentoring, supervising and co-ordinating the work of others
* Ensure compliance with the Roads Quality Plan
* Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
* Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
* Experience in the detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement schemes, preferably on the Highways Agency's Road Network.
* HNC/HND/Degree in Civil Engineering
* Knowledge of highway's assets and the appropriate solutions for renewal or improvement
* A thorough knowledge of Highways Agency's Design Manuals and Specifications
* Experience using quality, environmental and health and safety legislation and management systems, particularly CDM 2007
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country