|Job Ref:||204717253||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rome||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £1/annum relocation + visa aid||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:20|
Job Title: Rail Control Systems - Site Manager |
Job Location: Rome, Italy
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + package including relocation + visa aid
* Total responsibility for management, co-ordination and realization of activities on site, in particular for the final result and in terms of HSE
* Ensure that work tasks are performed according to demands on quality and safety by adhering to documents and instructions describing the ITC process.
* Supervise the execution of installation works, both performed by contractors and sub-contractors, also through installation supervisors, ensuring full compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures and verify works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and in the planned time frame.
* Ensuring that the site operation is managed within the time schedule and project budget.
* Keep daily contacts with people of the project, coordinate heterogeneous team.
The Roman office for the company is dedicated to the development of rail control solutions, signalling equipment and rail traffic management systems.
Key Responsibilities and Skills Required:
* Co-ordinate and take care of all continuous contacts with the customer or their representative; Inform the customer about the project organization, plans, controls and directives, supported by local Project Manager;
* Co-ordinate, supervise time schedules, planning and execution of all site works, the allocated resources according to the Project's phase in agreement with the ITC Manager, progress reporting to the Project's Management;
* Provide support and assist contractors during works execution, documents associated to the scope of their work; Manage and co-ordinate
* Prepare, update and manage the site library, including Site work routines, installation, test and commissioning instructions, product documents, NCRs (Non Conformity Reports), ITPs (Inspection and Test Plan), correspondence to Customer and contractors, warehouse goods-records, etc
* Ensure the implementation at site of the Company's HSE policy, HSE management system and related performance objectives and targets; promote safe works practices and environmental protection, ensuring that safety standards are respected
The position will initially be working on a project that is underway in N. Africa. Due to this, some travel will be required to this site as required.
* 5+ years experience in a similar position in a railway environment
* Experience of managing large, multifunctional teams
* Qualification in an engineering discipline, preferably Electronics/Electrical Engineering
* Fluent Italian and French language skills both written and verbal
* Strong contract awareness
* Available to travel to other sites as required
* Any English language skills would be beneficial
* MS Office skills
Phone: (Apply online only)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client