|Job Ref:||204716912||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Llanelli||Address:||Post Code:||SA15||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:32|
We are working on behalf of our client. An international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the lookout for an experienced Quality Technician to join them at their site in Llanelli on a permanent basis. |
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing ongoing quality support to the manufacturing activities to ensure adherence to the company quality systems, procedures and control plans.
• Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
• Conduct regular Product and Process audits and feedback information as required.
• Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
• Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
• Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Senior Quality Engineers. Including the design of sort and rework criteria, SOPs and data collection methods.
• Provide support to Senior Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI's to be achieved.
• Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
• Maintain quality documentation and controls if required.
• Support the Internal Audit team by performing various Internal Audits if required.
• Promote compliance to company systems, procedures and control plan requirements.
• Control trials as required to support improvement activities and support NPI on engineering changes.
• The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations in order to resolve concerns.
Qualifications and Experience necessary
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of pressing and fabrication manufacturing process
• Experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment.
• Good working knowledge of quality tools and techniques & fully competent in Microsoft IT packages.
• Applicants would ideally have an appropriate qualification in Quality / Mechanical / Production Engineering (e.g. Degree or HNC) and or served a recognised Apprenticeship and educated in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline to ONC/HNC level or similar.
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and SAP working knowledge, together with good verbal and numerical aptitude.
• Ability to plan to achieve objectives and priorities.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
• The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment.
• Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
• Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
• To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
• The ability to coordinate activities in a cross functional team.
• Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
• A positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
37 hours based on 3 shift pattern. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion