|Job Ref:||204716610||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA11||Salary:||£34000 - £40000/annum Holidays Pension||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:33|
£34000 - £40000pa
TM Resourcing are currently recruiting on behalf of a rapidly expanding organization who are involved in manufacturing using innovative techniques
The role engages directly with production, suppliers and customers, taking responsibility for product / process performance throughout the product life cycle ie. New Product Introduction and Momentum Production. The role also requires responsibility for more general Quality Assurance and Business Process Improvement activities.
Main duties will include
* Translating and implementing external requirements i.e. international QMS standards, regulatory, customer and technical requirements etc.
* Creating and maintaining quality, production and business documentation as required
* Administration of Quality databases / document control systems
* Ensuring audit schedules and NCR's are managed and addressed in a timely manner
* Performing process and compliance audits / assessments against procedures and international standards and requirements (internal and external)
* Facilitating 3rd party and customer audits
* Facilitating activities required to establish and maintain customer and supplier approvals (Audits, questionnaires, performance monitoring etc.)
* Ensuring day to day product and process quality requirements are understood and achieved
* Proving support to production teams to address internal and external NCR's and to process concessions etc.
* Ensuring inspection, test, and calibration requirements are met
* Primary interface with customers and suppliers to ensure quality performance is monitored and issues addressed in a timely and responsive manner
* Overseeing day to day activities of Quality Technicians and Inspectors to ensure production and quality requirements are achieved in a timely and appropriate fashion
* Taking responsibility for collecting, analysing and improving Quality and other business KPI's / Process Effectiveness measures where required
* Determining, coordinating and facilitating improvement activities for product and processes in production and office environments
* Leading and Facilitating Problem Solving and Variation Reduction teams utilising techniques such as 8D and Six Sigma
* Developing and utilising Product / Process Quality Planning techniques i.e. APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA etc. to proactively establish process capability and product maturity
* Leading and Facilitating Product / Process Quality Planning Teams and participating as quality representative in NPI projects
* Coaching, mentoring and training of others to develop Quality skills and mind-sets
* Developing and delivering formal quality training materials
* Providing informal and 'on the job' training, coaching and mentoring to Quality Technicians / Inspectors and general workforce
* Assist with managing training systems and records
* Ensuring approval levels / authorisation stamp controls are established and maintained
* Engaging in cross functional improvement activities / teams and supporting deployment of additional continuous improvement techniques where appropriate, ie. Lean Manufacturing
* HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a technical or science discipline. Formal education / training in quality related subjects preferable i.e. CQI Certificate or Diploma, 6 Sigma, Lead Auditor etc.
* Must be able to analyse and interpret complex data
* Effectively present information on research progress and outcomes
* Good communication skills are essential; both verbal and written
* Ability to develop research outcomes into manufacturing solutions.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant industry
* Experience of 3D printing technologies would be an advantage
* Understanding of machining, fitting and general engineering essential
* Strong 'can do' attitude and work ethic
* Excellent at prioritising urgent tasks alongside longer projects
* Enjoys communicating with a wide range of people and is able to present their research findings
* Be proactive, enthusiastic and able to self- manage