|Job Ref:||204716500||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£13.46/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:20|
The Works are looking to recruit a Toolroom Engineer for our client in Bradford|
To manufacture and re-furbish tooling for production in a timely manner, ensuring department downtime is kept to a minimum
• The efficient release of re-work tooling required by setters and operators for machine setting.
• The manufacture of spare parts to ensure stock levels are maintained.
• Roll manufacture and re-grinding.
• Edge roll manufacture and re-grinding.
• Competent selection of correct grinding wheels, lathe tips and other tools
• Die polishing and re-furbishment.
• Movement of material using mechanical lifting devices.(FLT, Crane etc)
• Prompt and accurate filing of documentation as requested.
• Accurate and full completion of documentation.
• Maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
• Maintain a safe working environment and comply with company, group and statutory Health & Safety and environmental regulations.
• Proactive with quality problems.
• Assisting with stock takes.
• Competent with all toolroom duties
• Competent Operation of Lathes, Millers, Grinders, Presses.
• Development of other team members, including apprentices.
• Work within tolerances described on individual drawings.
• Care of and accurate use of measuring equipment.
• Accurate and consistent use of shadowgraph projector.
Previous experience of using Mazak machines and Mazatrol controls would be advantageous
- Apprentice trained mechanical engineer
- Passionate about quality - experience of working in a continuous improvement environment
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to work and problem solving
- Accurate and consistent with an eye for detail.
The job is paying £13.46 NA and is a temporary on-going role.
The shifts are 6-2, 2-10