|Job Ref:||204720578||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Salary:||£13 - £16/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:33|
Permitting officer/ Permit Officer|
Carrington West is delighted to be assisting its client in their search for a Permitting officer/ Permit Officer to join their Street Works (New Road & Streetworks / NRSWA) team.
Responsibilities of Permitting officer/ Permit Officer
* The ability to present evidence for use in Court proceedings
* Sound decision making skills
* Tact and diplomacy
* A high level of competence in using information systems including Windows, MS Office, relational databases and GIS
* Good communication skills, both oral and written
* Report writing skills
* The ability to analyse and collate data
* The ability to extract and convey information accurately when dealing with enquiries
* The ability to assist with developing policy, administrative and technical procedures and appropriate documentation
* Organisational skills
* Negotiating skills
Permitting officer/ Permit Officer will ideally have
* Substantial experience of using information systems
* Good working knowledge of the Traffic Management Act and New Roads and Street Works Act * Considerable experience of working in an administrative role
* Expert geographical knowledge of the County
* High level knowledge of practical considerations of works on the highway * Significant experience of making decisions on complicated matters
* Significant experience of working in a high pressure role
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on (Apply online only).
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on (Apply online only) for more information