|Job Ref:||204723788||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£30000/annum Pension, Healthcare||Post Date:||03/10/2016 04:37|
SITE SERVICES ENGINEER / COORDINATOR (DERBYSHIRE / EAST MIDLANDS): £30K PLUS BENEFITS. EXCELLENT ESTABLISHED MULTINATIONAL COMPANY OFFERING LONG TERM SECURITY.|
Our client is an established name in their industry with over 50 years of experience in their field, and manufacturing household brands and products for the food and drink industry. Due to growth of their business, we are presently seeking a Facilities Engineer to be a key part of the maintenance team at their busy East Midlands site. This person will be responsible for plant facilities and infrastructure, but also able to cover for plant maintenance team at times when required.
Work closely with the Engineering Manager, taking responsibility & ownership for delivering a high quality engineering service in support of the achievement of goals and targets for the site services plant and equipment and with particular regard to the compliance and environmental agendas.
Continuously work to improve the performance of People and Plant to deliver site efficiency and performance standards.
Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of a team of technicians and contractors in order to provide engineering support and the maintenance and optimisation of a range of services plant and equipment,
Achieve site Key Performance Indicators (KPI`s) in respect to equipment performance, reliability and cost.
To plan, co-ordinate and team resources to complete all work allocated to the team in a timely manner.
Promote and support the company quality & safety standards, focusing on continuous improvement
- Planning, co-ordinating, validation and verification of team (direct & contract) tasks in support of the maintenance and repair of site services plant & equipment.
- Maintaining an approximate 70% / 30% hands on to supervisory split, rapidly diagnose and resolve reactive faults. Escalate in a timely manner where appropriate. Complete works associated with NCRs in a timely manner.
- To own lead the implementation of assigned Risk Management Standards, specifically Legionella, control of contractors, working at height and confined spaces.
- Ensure all mandatory insurance inspections (LOLER, Boiler, Pressure vessels etc) are delivered in a timely manner.
- To develop and deliver maintenance plans for a wide range of services equipment including:
- Water Treatment
- Effluent & Drainage
- Compressed Air (40 Bar and 7 Bar)
- Lifting equipment
- Chilled Water and Cooling towers
- LV Electrical distribution (inc fixed wiring testing)
- HV Electrical supply
- Portable appliances
- Lighting & Emergency lighting
- Fire Detection & Protection
- Building Fabric
- Towns Gas and other bottled gas equipment
- Bulk materials (liquids, powders & gases)
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning)
- Identify the most effective means of delivering maintenance (internal resource vs contract)
- Maintain records of inspections and service to internal and external audit requirements.
- To Own and drive the sites energy improvement agenda through the completion of leak audits, heat loss studies, insulation / lagging audits, implementation of direct drives / toothed drives, VSDs, energy efficient motors etc.
- Trend Analysis of plant performance data leading to the identification and delivery of improvement projects in support of better line performance
- Co-ordination of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within SAP PM for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Maintain compliance to all internal and statutory legislation
- Plan, co-ordinate and lead allocated annual equipment overhauls.
- Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (Engineering manager, Shift Managers Quality and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement
- Apprentice trained / trade qualification to NVQ / City & Guilds or similar
- Experience of a manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi task with strong attention to detail
- Team player who will work with others to achieve company goals
- Methodical with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task on technical issues
If you fit the bill as outlined above then do not delay, apply now. We are in the process of arranging interviews and are in position to provide a very quick turnaround for relevant candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity for site services engineers in the East Midlands area