|Job Ref:||204724043||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldbury||Address:||Post Code:||WV16||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||03/10/2016 04:38|
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join an ambitious and growing firm which offers a stable yet progressive environment to work in with future career opportunities within engineering. |
This successful and growing business are at the forefront of their industry and offer a step into a progressive, world-class organisation who operate a supportive culture of empowerment and trust, with product excellence and innovation being attitudes that run throughout the company.
Their work is cutting-edge, challenging, meaningful and rewarding, and with a competitive remuneration package and the scope to continue to develop and be recognised and rewarded for your efforts for your ideas and achievement, this vacancy offers you an opportunity to be part of it.
The role requires experience in a manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will still enjoy and want to retain a hands-on Engineering role and have proven experience, but also be open to new ideas. Experience in managing a team to meet expectations is essential in order to be successful for the position. You will need to introduce planned maintenance procedures for production machinery and services as well as develop strategies to ensure the availability of machines at all times.
Due to the skill required for this position and to be successful you will be of an electrical bias and be qualified to a minimum HNC within electrical engineering. You will have experience in a PLC controlled plant with interaction with the Powder Coating process. Additionally experience with CNC controlled equipment will be hugely beneficial.
The duties required to be completed as the Maintenance Manager will include the below:
* To organise resource and manning requirements accordingly and shift logbooks are recorded correctly for pass over to the next shift.
* To carry out a schedule of preventative maintenance and servicing of machines and equipment.
* Understand the operation of plant and machines, knowledge of the function, composition and procedure of the production equipment.
* Early detection of potential technical problems, monitoring and assuring the quality of parts, components and products.
* To optimise the effectiveness of the machinery with regards to quick fault finding and rectifying problems.
* Undertake relevant testing and inspecting of mechanical test equipment calibration etc. to ensure fit for purpose.
* Ensure development plans are in place for apprentices and engineers to develop over time. This would include carrying out any training as required.
* Give commitment to overtime working and flexibility to ensure workloads are complete before leaving shift and to offer full support to maintenance colleagues and play an active role as a team member within the Department.
* Adhere to the companies health and safety procedures and plans.
* Attend call-outs when required and/or as per a call-out rota.
Hours will be 39 per week standard with set shifts to be confirmed. Some out of hours work around the shifts may also be required.
A full job description will be provided to suitable applicants prior to any CV submission. Please apply for immediate consideration