|Job Ref:||204723881||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sidcup||Address:||Post Code:||DA14||Salary:||£9.00 - £10/hour||Post Date:||03/10/2016 04:38|
GBP9.00 per hour
Our client are an electrical & mechanical engineering business that has been trading successfully for over 26 years, they are currently looking for a Stores Operative to join our friendly team based in Sidcup reporting to the Small Works Manager
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday, 6:45am to 5:15pm
The successful applicant is required to have extensive experience in managing a busy stores department, preferably within the contracting industry.
Duties to include, but not limited to;
• Effective Day to day management of stores, dealing with deliveries and returns
• Ensure stock held in stores is reported to Helpdesk to reduce stock level and avoid ordering new stock.
• Informing operatives/administration staff that goods are received
• Booking in deliveries and putting on engineers shelves
• Collection/ delivery of goods to site/ wholesalers as required
• Ensure the Estate/Yard area is clean and tidy
• Plant Management, Maintenance and Inspections & Asset Register Management
• Hire plant management, ensuring prompt off.
• PPE purchase, issue, ordering and stock control
• Fire Marshall, training provided
• Weekly fire alarm testing
• Vehicle Fleet Maintenance & periodic inspections & Cleaning/unloading of vans & servicing management and warranty works.
• Tracker Management for new vehicles.
• Daily review of trackers to ensure working correctly and dealing with any repairs with engineer responsible for Trackers.
• Management of Waste & Lamp recycling.
• 6 monthly emergency lighting testing.
• Management of equipment calibration.
• Office and Site Electrical Equipment PAT testing.
Other aspects of this position include:
Hands on management of Crayside Estate - Gritting/Weeding/general maintenance & upkeep/monthly safety checks/re-lamping/car park control & CCTV.
Essential Skills for this post are:
• Excellent organisational and communication
• Suitable level of fitness
• Intermediate computer experience, must be adept in using MS Office
• Reliable, tolerant and determined
• Team player
• A sense of humour and the patience to deal with repetitive tasks
• Full Clean Driving Licence
Preferred skills for this post are:
• Previous Store Keeper experience
• Flexible working attitude
• Previous procurement experience
• General handyman skills
• PAT Testing qualifications, training will be provided if necessary