|Job Ref:||37733||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Date:||03/10/2016 05:06|
Apprentice trained / time served machinist with experience of manufacturing Aerospace components on manual & CNC machines is required to work within the Gears Module.
• Capable of setting and running machines including Lathes, Vertical Mills, Gear Hobbers & Shapers, External, Internal & Surface Grinders.
• Day to day tasks include ensuring material, process layout and drawings are correct issue.
• Assess manufactured features for conformance to requirements.
• Declare non-conformances as they are produced or detected.
• Apply the most effective "Best Practice" manufacturing methods available to maximise efficiencies and reduce CoPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) i.e. silent hour running, SPC, multi-machine manning, etc.
• Control, operate and maintain stock control systems and use of equipment.
• Assistance in quality control systems and investigations (i.e. non-conformance reviews).
• Support continuous improvement deployment through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the UTAS EH&S Procedures.
• The transportation of materials, tools, equipment and work-in-progress within manufacturing Cells.
Apprentice served / time served machinist.
CNC setting & operating skills in a precision engineering environment, ideally with Fanuc, Mazatrol or similar controls experience.
Ability to use a variety of manual & CNC machines.
Ability to work in a team environment, actively following the Operating Principles of our Four Gears - People, Integrity, Ideas and Performance
An attention to detail is essential
Use of CMM's is an advantage, specifically (Quindos / PC-DMIS) however training will be given where required.
Experience in a New Product Introduction environment would be useful but not essential.
All Employees Shall:
Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
Attend scheduled EH&S training program
Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
Recommend improved EH&S practices
From time to time the candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary, training will be given.