We have a requirement for a Project Planner / Scheduler based in Chichester, but might be a requirement to work in Horsham as well.|
The Key accountabilities of the Project Planner / Scheduler will be as follows:
The skill, knowledge and experience the Project Planner / Scheduler will be expected to have is as follows:
- Ensure all Permits are submitted/ processed within the correct timescales and works carried out in accordance with NRSWA (New Roads and Streetworks Act) and TMA (Traffic Management Act).
- Produce and maintain accurate programmes through regular meetings and consultation with Works Control Manager, project managers, design engineers, contractors, QS and internal departments.
- Assist on planning activity to produce programmes of schemes/activities to meet service, cost and time objectives, monitoring and managing forward resource requirements.
- Monitoring of programmes ensuring all requirements to undertake activities are in place e.g. fleet, plant, people, material, NRSWA noticing permitting, letter drops etc.
- Ensuring systems and actions are implemented for the achievement of business and contract KPIs with on-going monitoring of project performance against programme deliverables/KPI's
- Production of management reports tailored to individual requirements as required
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- Interface with third parties to identify and resolve issues
- Perform analysis of programme achievement, identify trends and develop innovative and creative opportunities for improvements, discuss with management and implement into future planning activity.
In order to apply for the Project Planner / Scheduler or for a confidential chat please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Desire to develop and is motivated to achieving targets.
- Prioritise work and remain flexible in accordance with business needs.
- Team player and form good working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Approach tasks in a logical and methodical way
- Experienced in the use of Streetworks Permitting / Noticing systems (advantageous)
- Experience and understanding of working on the public realm/highway and white collar support functions to Local Councils.(advantageous)