Key Technical Skills: In line with Project Management Capabilities;|
- Planning and Scheduling: Familiar with and some practical experience of defining the scope of the project and breaking this into manageable units; work breakdown structures, control accounts and packages
- Risk & Opportunity Management: Familiar with and some practical experience in identifying, assessing, allocating and managing project risks and project opportunities.
- Performance Management: Familiar with and some practical experience with a structured approach to planning, cost collection, and performance measurement.
- Lifecycle Management Phase Review: Awareness of and limited experience of the lifecycle gates to assess the health and management maturity of a project.
- Lifecycle Management Contract Review: Familiar with and some practical experience in periodic business/ project progress reviews within a project lifecycle.
- Stakeholder Management: Awareness of and limited experience in identifying, analysing and planning actions to communicate, negotiate, and influence internal/ external stakeholders.
Perform the full range of project control activity for activities that have limited complexity. The majority of tasks will be repetitive, i.e. will have been experienced before. Apply knowledge of project control activity to a range of different systems and able to recognise problems. Manipulate data to identify trends and data shortages, and assess if data is complete and accurate. Understands and is able to use common project management tools sets, e.g. Risk register, change control, etc. Capable of assisting in detailed performance analysis using a range of PM toolsets and techniques Project Tasks and Activities:
For specific elements, analyse and interpret project management information to identify data inaccuracies or departures or variances from expected or anticipated, research variances and make adjustments to data inputs to reduce inaccuracies in data set. Ensure compliance with the Operational Framework, relevant Project Management policies, and all project management tools and techniques, e.g. Life cycle management, risk registers, change control, project control etc. Gather, collate and report information relating to contract and/or projects or services and communicate this as appropriate. Maintain and update change control, risk registers, databases and other toolsets such that these processes are accurate and up to date. Assist Project Coordinators in the identification and resolution of issues arising from analysis and interpretation of information such that these are resolved in a timely manner. Additional Functional Responsibilities:
- Maintain alignment with Project Management governance in Maritime Services, through utilisation of Project Management tools and techniques.
- Maintain personal Project Management Competency Framework
- Support functional change projects where applicable