|Job Ref:||119136RC||Employer:||Morson International||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Post Date:||03/10/2016 20:09|
A vacancy has arisen with our client for a Process Engineer (with modelling experience) or a Process Modeller, to provide technical support using a combination of process modelling and other analytical resources for a range of nuclear customers. Work will support key commercial customers, the continued safe and efficient operation or decommissioning of nuclear fuel cycle facilities, and important national research and development programmes. |
- Undertaking of customer-funded programmes of work in Plant & Process Optimisation Team.
- Undertaking technical and research programmes as part of an integrated team including chemical modellers, experimental scientists and engineers.
- Maintain and develop process models.
- Carry out simulations and report results to stakeholders.
- Interpret model results and provide support to stakeholders based on conclusions.
- Production of high quality technical work and dissemination through high quality report writing.
- Any applicants would be expected to hold a relevant degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline at least at 2(i) level.
- Proficiency using process modelling software; either gPROMS or ACM.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good mathematical and computer literacy.
- Ability to work in a team and good communications skills.
- Experience of nuclear decommissioning and/or reprocessing.
- Experience in use of other process modelling tools or software languages useful.
- Experience of carrying out model verification.