|Job Ref:||EMP375001||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bideford||Address:||Post Code:||EX39||Salary:||£10 - £12/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 21:32|
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Setter/Programmer to work for our client based in Bideford. |
• Setting and running all CNC & manual machines in section.
• Ensuring ALL tooling /programs are available for start of production.
• Programming of the full range of products.
• Tool grinding as required.
• Performing tasks as directed in accordance with Quality System Procedures and manufacturing instructions
• Inspection during processing in accordance with instructions and workmanship standards
• Identifying and recording any problems relating to the product or process on the documentation provided and informing the Section Co-ordinator accordingly.
• Adhering to the requirements for non-conforming product, and assisting in corrective/preventive action as detailed within the company’s procedures
• Work area cleanliness
Day to day duties :
• Good time-keeping and attendance, using the correct procedure. Keeping the Company informed if unable to attend work.
• Follow work instructions and guidance from Cage Supervisor / Machining Technician.
• Endeavour to produce quantity and quality of product required.
• Self-inspect all work produced to ensure compliance with quality standards and keep scrap to a minimum.
• Follow all safety instructions and use personal protective equipment where indicated
• Wear safety footwear at all times.
• Keep work area clean and tidy.
• Ensure all areas of responsibility operate within the requirements of ISO9000, AS9100, TS16949 and SC21. Where necessary propose improvements to quality systems and ensure all personnel under your jurisdiction are fully conversant with the quality standards of the company and operate to those standards
• Understand the health and safety requirements and contribute to a safe working environment for all employees
• Ensure you understand and comply with the equality of employment as set out in the ANGLO’s policies
• Participate in good lines and levels of communications and a working environment where all employees feel part of the business and are aware, where appropriate, of what is going on. Participate in the open style at all levels of the business to allow a free flow of ideas and suggestions such that all employees feel that they have a part to play at that their honest contribution will be appreciated. Employees should not be made to feel inferior because of their position since every function within the Company is essential otherwise it wouldn’t be there. Ensure that all departments, functions and levels work as one for the benefit of the Business and its employees.
• Ensure you understand the importance of Customer Care both in relation to internal ‘Customers’ and Customers the business supplies to. Employees should understand that our ultimate Customer pays the bill and only by meeting and exceeding their expectation will the Company grow to provide security of employment and career progression.
• Support a ‘Quality’ driven culture where employees understand the need to produce products and services right first time. Understand the cost of not doing so in terms of lost customers, reduced morale, labour, overdues, materials etc. Make contributions to improve the quality standing of the business.
• Support your line manager/ supervisor to facilitate training throughout your department to ensure that there is flexibility within the Company, as demand fluctuates between departments, to ensure effectivity and capability in maintaining and meeting targets. It is policy that career progression can occur within the business for those that demonstrate the aptitude, work ethic and commitment necessary.
• Where appropriate assist with stocktaking.
• Ensure that where appropriate and cost effective, the latest technology is applied. This will reduce the business’s reliance on the vagaries of the labour market and ensure that we operate the business in the most cost-effective manner. The Company has to be protected as much as possible from the fact that, in a global market, labour costs will be higher in the UK than elsewhere in the world and to be competitive we need to be technologically driven rather than totally reliant on labour.
• Carry out any other duties as requested by management as long as the requests are reasonable and do not put in danger yourself or any other employee/member of the public.
Key skills and requirements :
• Good general education, preferably to GCSE A/C levels in English and Maths.
• Ideally time served apprenticeship.
• Fanuc control programming experience
• Experience of using CNC Lathes with Fanuc control
• Be able to programme live tooling an advantage
• CNC lathe experience.
• Lean Manufacturing knowledge would be an advantage.
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions.
• Being able to work as part of a team.
• Ability to demonstrate a ‘Can do’ attitude.
• Actively demonstrate a willingness to ‘cross train’ in other areas of the factory as work requirements dictate.
• Demonstrate flexibility of skills, to allow the business to operate at time of illness, holidays etc. This will also ensure that there is flexibility within the Company, as demand fluctuates between departments, to ensure effectivity and capability in maintaining and meeting targets.
• Flexibility and co-operation – i.e. operating different types of machinery, working in different departments and changing shift pattern.