A Chemist in the Agents Development group at TFPP would work on developing next generation fire suppression agents, as well as supporting the existing agents within the portfolio. The work would include witnessing or conducting live fire tests and on occasion having to lift up to 40 pounds.
A successful candidate for this position would have a drive for results, be self-directed, able to build effective relationships within cross-functional business teams, and work well with others. The candidate should have the ability to learn, change, and adapt as needed and have strong communication skills.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of the position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of the individuals performing the function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. The description supersedes any previous description for this position.
- Develop next generation fire suppression agents and witness or conduct live fire tests, following international protocols.
- Interface with approval agencies.
- Provide technical support for existing products to both internal departments and external customers.
- Participate in conferences, meetings and trade shows as appropriate to support the role and responsibility of the function.
Education Required: BS in Chemistry with 3-5 years’ experience preferred. DFSS Black Belt course work or certification is a plus. Experience in Fire Protection field is desirable.
Experience Required: 3-5 years
- Strong Laboratory background.
- Strong knowledge of grinding and blending technologies is desirable.
- Project management skills are a plus.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution, based on project requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with cross-functional members of project teams.
- Good problem solving skills, the ability to think out of the box, and be able to follow the product development processes.