|Job Ref:||1618934||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||Bangalore||Address:||Post Date:||03/10/2016 22:17|
Reporting to the Manager Vision Group, this position is to contribute to computer vision and video analytics development for new product features, refining image processing and analytics algorithms, developing and prototyping new computer vision and analytics algorithms. The Principal Engineer will provide high level technical mentoring and coaching to senior team members, attain pre agreed schedules and offer software solutions to a complex level.|
% of Time Job Responsibility
60% Develop and improve computer vision algorithms for server-based and embedded products
Write and execute automated tests for computer vision algorithm evaluation
Design and develop code for large-scale, real-time multi-media applications
Plan and estimate product development tasks
Complete all assigned tasks accurately and on time
Provide project feedback to management in a timely and appropriate format
20% Computer vision research
20% Documentation, assisting in test and productization of code; participating in meetings, code and design reviews; bug triage; planning discussions; cross-team coordination
You may have multiple types of required skills for the position. List in order of importance.
Examples: Bilingual in English and Spanish; design and development of complex software programs; certified training in Six Sigma
In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms and techniques for video surveillance applications such as background modeling, foreground segmentation, object tracking & classification, machine learning; excellent math skills; excellent communication skills.
Example: Bachelors Degree with 7 years related experience or a minimum of 15 years related experience.
• Minimum Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent; PhD preferred
• Demonstrated research or employment history in computer vision technologies
• Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial software development and software development life cycle
• Minimum 3 years Linux and C development
• Experience with real-time software application and systems design and development a plus
• Experience in high performance systems design and development a plus
• Experience with embedded software development (FPGA, DSP, GPU) and ISP software engineering a strong plus