The EHS Trainer reports to the Onboarding Training Manager and is responsible for the delivery, evaluation and on-going management of the training programs common to Joint Venture Projects at OPG Nuclear Sites. The EHS Trainer works with project teams to identify training needs, plan, coordinate and deliver the established core training programs as required by the EHS Management System, project, client and legislative requirements. |
- Responsible for training project employees on a variety of Environmental Health and Safety related programs such as, Work at Heights, Hoisting and Rigging, Confined Space Entry, First Aid, Elevating Work Platform, Forklift Operation, etc.
- Interfacing with construction to address training requirements and determine appropriate methods of delivery. Responsible to ensure training is completed for all contractor staff and documented to meet legislated internal and client requirements
- Collaborates across the local organization and network to gather expectations, share best practices and coordinate program requirement
- Create an environment conducive to learning for employees.
- Provide timely feedback to management and supervisors and in regard to employee competency.
- Establish measurable goals and levels of competency of each trainee
- Provide trainees with timely and relevant feedback, both positive and constructive
- Motivate others to perform and follow established best practices
- Document all training in accordance with established project standards.
- Participate in training team meetings and training-related projects.
- Promotes a safety culture that supports continuous improvement in the EHS management system through active communication, participation and development of skills. Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- A working knowledge of Provincial OHS Legislation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Health and Safety and training/facilitating within the construction industry
- Relevant Post Secondary education or equivalent experience in the Health and Safety field
- A Team Player that accepts and can manage change regularly
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
- Train the Trainer Qualifications in programs such as Work at Heights, Confined Space Entry. WHMIS, First Aid, etc.
- A designation such as CHSO would be considered an asset.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.