|Job Ref:||018366||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke Poges||Address:||Post Code:||SL2||Post Date:||04/10/2016 00:14|
Job description |
Subject Matter Expert: Network Attached Storage and IP networking
To educate, enable, equip and assist the field professional services teams in EMEA to engage appropriately with customers to deliver HDS Network Attached Storage and IP network based solutions.
• Creation and delivery of documents, Web Events, Videos and workshops to the professional services teams across EMEA to enable them to engage with customers in NAS environments.
• Support the EMEA regional GSS organisations in early deployments of NAS service and product solutions
• Participate in the configuration, installation and documentation of new Hitachi NAS solutions
• Participate in the definition of service offerings and the creation of knowledge and collateral related to services in the NAS area.
• Develop deep expertise on Hitachi products and current and emerging technologies as directed by manager, including achieving Subject Matter Expert (SME) status in NAS products, services or technologies.
• Prepare and distribute recommended practices, design templates and other materials relating to NAS engagements
• Participate as an SME in delivering complex NAS solutions at our customers.
• Engage with pre-sales and sales colleagues to track new NAS business and to ensure it is delivered in the countries to consistently high standards.
• Comply with Hitachi policies and guidelines
• Perform other duties as required or directed by manager
• Track record of success in consulting, solutions design and troubleshooting in NAS environments
• At least five years' experience within Hitachi, a similar competitor organisation, end user or IT consultancy services provider
• Bachelor's degree
• Proven ability to work in multi-skilled teams, including customer, third party, and Hitachi people.
• An understanding of the market conditions and requirements in the practice specialty area
• Good knowledge of ITIL processes
• Knowledge of Hitachi products and services
• Practical 'hands on' experience of the delivery of services, knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities, and issues that arise.
• Knowledge of IT development processes and IT technologies
• Able to demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
o NFS protocol
o SMB protocol
o Security protocols (e.g. Kerberos)
o UNIX/Windows access control and security policies and integration
o Directory services such as NIS, LDAP & Active Directory
o NAS clustering
o IP networking, including trunking, port aggregation
o Router load balancing techniques
o Firewall technology
o Hitachi block storage arrays and replication technologies
o NAS data migration techniques and tools
o Application use cases for NAS such as VMware
• Technical aptitude to enable information about Hitachi products and services to be absorbed and applied to solve business problems
• Able to develop well-structured presentations with informative and well-presented information appropriate for the desired audience
• Personable - be able represent Hitachi positively to customers
• Able to work in unstructured environments and situations
• Able to relate well to both customer business and technical staff