Job title: RCIS Deal Strategist |
Reports to: Pricing Manager
Location: Moscow, Russia
The RCIS Deal Strategists provide pre-sales configuration and pricing support within the RCIS Deal Operations team for direct and T1/T2 indirect business in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. They maintain an expert level knowledge of HDS solutions and technical configuration requirements together with an understanding of market prices and competitive pricing strategies. They work closely with Field Sales and Sales Operations to achieve responsiveness and accuracy in accordance with Customer requirements and agreed SLA's.
- First port of call for configuration of Quote Requests received from Field Sales.
- Responsible for the detailed solution configuration within HDS' Quoting systems (e.g. Insight & CPQ) while meeting configuration responsiveness and accuracy in SLA's.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of HDS solutions, product components and configuration requirements.
- Communicates impact and performance characteristics of configuration to Field Sales.
- Works with Field Sales to proactively identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions to increase Field Sales productivity.
- First port of call for pricing of Quote Requests from the Field.
- Responsible for pricing approvals within approval and authority guidelines for RCIS sales.
- Provides recommendations for competitive configuration and pricing strategies.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of IT / Storage market conditions and competitive pricing strategies in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Provides input to RFQ responses with regards to pricing and product modeling for large opportunities.
- Proactively communicates with other Deal Operations teams throughout EMEA to monitor market changes and to distribute locally gained information.
- Maintains a close working relationship with other Deal Operations teams and other RCIS and EMEA Field Sales/Finance colleagues so that workload can be shared.
- Advises Configuration and Pricing Manager on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience directly related to configuring and pricing IT data center systems and data storage solutions an advantage.
- Background in supporting Field Sales personnel desired.
- Prior knowledge of Data Centre IT market desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of basic US GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards desirable
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Language capability in English and Russian
- Detail oriented
- Technically minded
- Financially focused
- Continuous learner
- Courageous and decisive
- Dynamic and committed
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Problem solver
- Logical thinker
- Customer focused - internal and externa