|Job Ref:||DE01170COL||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 00:23|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do. We support a range of clients varying in age and care requirements which can include mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and clients with more complex clinical needs.
We are currently looking for Support Workers, ideally with experience of working with adults with learning disabilities, to provide support and care to our clients for more independent living.
You will be working with one of our client's residential / supported living services in and around the Brentwood region. You will be flexible with a proactive approach to your work.
Your role will be varied dependent on each clients individual needs and may include:
• Supporting the clients with their activities, daily living, domestic duties and personal care routines
• Accompanying clients on community based activities and personal appointments
• Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of our clients
• Maintaining accurate records and supporting risk assessments for the clients
• Assisting with client medication
You will be providing excellent support services to vulnerable adults with learning disabilities, and clients with an acquired brain injury and those with mental health issues.
We provide an excellent induction programme and on-going training that will ensure you are fully able to support our clients. We also provide long term career prospects for anyone seeking a career in care with development opportunities.
If you are person-centred, have positive values, enthusiastic and enjoy offering support, we would like to hear from you!
Pay rates range from £7.44 - £16.98 per hour.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience - Essential
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs - Desirable
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening - Essential
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude - Essential
• Can commit to regular hours - Desirable
The following training can be provided to give more variety of care packages available as well as to enhance professional development:
• Tracheostomy care
• Gastrostomy care
• Ventilation care
• Medication management
• Catheter care
• Manual handling
• Spinal Injury
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).