Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
As a HR Customer Services Advisor, you will act as an advocate for the HR Shared Service Centre (HR SSC), demonstrating your broad knowledge of HR disciplines through handling incoming calls, dealing with incoming post and emails. Where possible, you will handle queried to resolution, otherwise triaging queries to the relevant specialist teams. You will be passionate about customer focus and be a keen HR Generalist.
- Take ownership of the customer journey through active management Helpdesk cases into the HR SSC.
- Provide best in class customer service , aiming to quickly resolve queries and issues, always striving to go the extra mile.
- Seamlessly identify which business area the query relates to, ensuring that the customer experience is optimised.
- Take ownership of queries and actively manage these through the case tool, providing best in class service and customer experience, whilst ensuring that advice adheres to policies and procedures.
- Be one point of contact for line managers, supporting them in all people management practices.
- Use multiple HR and Payroll systems to support the resolution of customer queries.
- Be knowledgeable of the business operation and the structure of the business, including key contacts.
- Demonstrate awareness of the roles of the other HR SSC teams.
- Maintain a working knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Be a subject matter expert on the HR intranet pages, supporting managers to find documents that they need.
- Promote the use of the case tool within HR SSC, acting as the subject matter expert for other HR SSC teams on the case tool.
- Maintain accurate and thorough case management records.
- Maintain a bank of frequently asked questions to standardise the quality of responses to generic queries.
- Work within SLAs, always focusing on the excellent customer journey.
- Be able to provide guidance on a broad range of key HR processes.
- Provide ad-hoc support and advice in the delivery of HR calendar events (e.g. PADPs, staff surveys etc).
- Supporting the wider HR Team with administrative tasks if required.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Be aware of the Business Continuity Plan for the HR SSC team
What we are looking for
Knowledge skills & experience
- Customer service skills - demonstrate a proactive approach to delivering excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Resilience - Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Written communication - Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Accurate keyboard skills and data entry experience (benchmark of 6000 key depressions and 95% quality on data inputting screening test).
- HR experience, and a basic understanding of HR policy and procedures (highly desirable but not essential).
- An understanding of HR systems would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Excellent customer service focus.
- Passion for a career in Human Resources.
- CIPD qualified or part qualified preferred.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team and to work on own initiative.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to use computer applications, e-mail, MFD (Multi Functional Device) and telephone.
Permanent Hours worked per week - 37.5
Number of direct reports if applicable - N/A
Shift pattern/Shift details - 7:45-16:00 & 8:45 -17:00
Closing Date 19th July
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.