Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Responsible for site commercial activities within the Interserve Infrastructure Group either in the Infrastructure Civils or Water work stream from contract award through to completion; reporting to a Commercial Manager.
To ensure the successful financial completion of projects, protecting the exposure of the Company to financial risks, together with adherence to the commercial procedures of the Business.
- Subcontract procurement from initial enquiry to placement of order;
- Financial management of subcontractor account from commencement on site to negotiation and agreement of final account;
- Preparation of monthly application for payment to the client and ensuring timeous certification and payment;
- Preparation of monthly cost value reconciliation report;
- Preparation of monthly cost and value to complete forecast in conjunction with Site Manager;
- Preparation of final accounts;
- Advise on procurement issues;
- Assist in cost and risk management;
- Provide site management with commercial support and advice;
- Proactive approach to the environment and customer care of all the stakeholders involved in a project;
- Promotion of positive image of the Interserve name to protect and promote the brand name;
- Ensure motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project;
- Participate in team development for the benefit of the individuals and the company;
- Develop supply chain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors for the benefit of the project and future contract;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Knowledge skills & experience
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
- BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying (desirable);
- Comprehensive experience in a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor;
- Possesses proven experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients e.g. LUL, Highways England, Water Companies, Petro/Chem, Building contracts and Energy from Waste Markets;
- Innovative, creative thinker;
- Good decision maker;
- Sound commercial/contractual knowledge;
- Proven experience using the NEC family of contracts;
- Good team player;
- Experience working in a collaborative environment (desirable);
- Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience.
- Car Driver;
- Good communicator orally/written.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work from our new office which will be based between Darlington and Newcastle. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.