Hourly Rate Bands £7.51 - £8.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Security officer is required within in a busy shopping outlet, based in Banbury OX16. Required to work 30 hours per week, shifts between 7am to 7pm.
- To readily interact with all visitors / tenants within the shopping centre, delivering a first class customer focused service.
- Monitor and manage the CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarm systems, maintaining accurate records in accordance with legislative requirements and best practice
- Carry out regular patrols of the shopping centre as detailed in the site Assignment Instructions being proactive at all times.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors at the shopping centre proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
- To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors / tenants.
- Ensuring all incidents is managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the site control room proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported at all times.
- All unsecured areas of the complex to be reported to Control Room immediately and action taken to resolve.
- To record / log all non-conformances and emergencies with the appropriate control room staff.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the centre team are kept fully informed at all times.
- Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals logging and reporting incidents in line with site / company polices.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorised access by banned persons.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
- Maintain continuous monitoring of site radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To liaise closely with the housekeeping team delivering one service and highlight opportunities
Knowledge skills & experience
- SIA front Line Guarding Licence
- CCTV SIA Licence
- First Aid qualification
- Ability to focus on best practice, the SO will use his/her creative approach and personality to influence at all levels to meet demanding targets and deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate clearly and credibly with the client, senior managers and all staff.
- Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
- Smart appearance
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.