Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We require a Project Manager within our Regional Building team to oversee projects up to £30m. With overall responsibility for the management and success of the project, including customer relations, pre-construction and bid process, health and safety, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value of operations.
This role will be based from Head office in Erdington and working within the Midlands region.
- Provide support during the tender process by involvement in the preparation of programmes, methodology and development of quality/safety/environmental plans;
- Ensure that programmes for the construction phase, maintaining as-built progress and producing completion programmes for live projects are in place, used and are effective;
- Prepare Quality/Safety/Environmental Plans for any project they are involved in and ensure that these are updated, actions implemented and effective on any of their projects;
- Undertake the requisition and procurement of labour, plant and materials within tender allowances;
- Be aware of the commercial implications of decisions taken on a project and be prepared to fully justify these to all levels of management;
- Management of Project and Site teams as appropriate;
- Be prepared to implement effective delegation of tasks to team members and make informed decisions on behalf of the team in accordance with the accepted commercial and corporate rules for our business;
- Guide and ensure that the appropriate methodology selection, preparation of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments are being implemented to a high standard and in line with our business management procedures;
- Leadership and promotion of project compliance with the Specification and the Company Policies for Quality, Safety and Environmental issues;
- Financial overview of project in terms of: tender allowances; variances between tender and actual costs; preparation of cost to complete forecasts with QS team; ability to use financial feedback information to refine or develop methods and resources where practical to ensure a successful financial outcome for the project or limit the exposure to loss or reduced margin;
- Maintain and develop client relationships for ensuring a successful outcome on completion and enhancing opportunities for securing repeat work;
- Proactive approach to the environment and customer care of all the stakeholders involved in a project - promotion of positive image of the Interserve name to protect and promote the brand name;
- Develop team culture to create an environment where motivation and morale is high and earn respect of team members to gain their commitment and support that ensures their optimum input in the project;
- Participate in team development for the benefit of the individuals and the company;
- Develop supply chain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors for the benefit of the project and future contracts;
- Have active involvement within the wider Interserve business to enhance awareness and abilities and assist Interserve in our strategy to "Continuously Improve".
Knowledge skills & experience
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
- Relevant Building qualification;
- Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate subject (desirable);
- Chartered status or approaching/Professional qualification (desirable);
- Appropriate CSCS Card.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
- High level of leadership and management skills;
- Commercial and financial ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Technical experience and knowledge;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Able to travel throughout the West Midlands.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment and facilities management services for society's infrastructure. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for a higly experienced Project Manager to be based from the Head office in Birmingham working on key projects within the West Midlands. Roles are offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.