Requisition ID: |
This requisition is for a Contracts Specialist / Administrator for Google Fiber's Nashville market. The assignment is currently expected to run through May 2018.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Gather and compile support data for the preparation of documents and the administration of (sub)contracts.
- Assist (Sub)Contract Manager or (Sub)Contract Administrators in completion of the various administrative tasks required by the Contract/Subcontract Management Manual; Standard Work Process Procedures and automated (sub)contract management systems.
- Monitor areas of (sub)contract performance, as assigned.
- Conduct investigations and inquiries into specific (sub)contracts problems, as assigned.
- Organize materials for the preparation of meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic status reports.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Engineering Management, or Project Management, OR, in lieu of degree, equivalent experience.
- 1 to 3 years of (Sub)Contracts experience.
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK AND REMAIN IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP FROM EMPLOYER.
- Basic knowledge of contract types, terms and legal requirements.
- Basic knowledge of law, negotiations, accounting or cost engineering gained through education or experience.
- Basic computer skills (including familiarity with Microsoft Office software).
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
**MUST HAVE THE ABILITY AND WILLINGNESS TO TAKE BUSINESS TRIPS AND TO RELOCATE FOR SHORT OR LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS. **
- 1 to 2 years Procurement or Construction experience on a heavy construction project a plus.
- Summer employment experience in a construction contracts related capacity.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Engineering Management, or Project Management.
Knowledge of Bechtel Policies and (Sub)Contracting/Contracting philosophy.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interface with other functional personnel as required and at all levels.
- Ability to identify potential problem areas within a Subcontract and recommend practical solutions.
- At least 2 years of (Sub)Contracts experience related to heavy construction.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.