|Job Ref:||28744BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 01:02|
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems in the Oil & Gas industry. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Process Engineer knowledgeable in process design, specifications, plant operation and troubleshooting, commissioning and startup experience.
• Plan, develop, coordinate and direct the process engineering effort for assigned project(s).
• Develop and monitor project control systems including schedules, budgets, and milestone completions.
• Knowledgeable in codes and standards pertaining to the Oil & Gas industry.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts with an understanding of Six-Sigma and Lean principals.
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems.
• Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
• Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects.
• Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project.
Client Focus & Project Coordination:
• Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects.
• Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members.
• Responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
Professional Engineering License.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females