Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Prepares, reviews and presents discipline estimates for specific project proposal activities. Provides estimating assistance and guidance to projects, develops conceptual estimates and performs cost analysis. Responsible for assisting in the development of discipline/service estimators, developing and updating historical databases, and assisting in the development of department procedures. Provides direction to others on project/program level tasks.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to assigned Project Estimator on a day-to-day basis
- Reports to the Estimating Manager functionally and for departmental activities.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical supervision and direction to other personnel, as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Continuing contacts with Project Manager, Project Estimator and project/proposal team members.
- Continuing contacts with working and supervisory level personnel of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and other Bechtel departments.
- Continuing contacts with the vendor community.
The following duties are performed with respect to Estimate Execution, the process of conducting an evaluation of services and/or capital cost elements of a project or effort as defined by an agreed-upon scope that will be used to make key management decisions:
- Responsible for developing cost estimates for projects including verification of AE's estimated cost during design phase (30%, 60%, 90% and 100%). Develop estimate of various order of magnitude to support change management process.
- Prepares and reviews capital cost estimates. Develops productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies results by manpower and crew analysis of work operations by craft. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates.
- Works with other disciplines and functions to collect all necessary data on scope and quantities to prepare an accurate estimate in specialty discipline areas. Performs analysis on functional input.
- Participates in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates. Ensures that estimate is in line with market trends and pricing.
- Manages variations and changes to base estimate and ensures that implications of changes are evaluated before finalizing the solution.
- Influences aspects of the specification in the interests of cost rationalization.
The following duties are performed with respect to Foundation Development, the process of establishing and maintaining technical capabilities for personnel, cost databases and tools:
- Takes ownership of sections of the estimating database(s) summarizing, updating and maintaining databases for discipline estimates and historical cost data.
- Supports development of estimating standards and procedures.
- Generates and retrieves reports in the appropriate software application, understands and summarizes the data in the required presentation for management reviews.
The following duties are performed with respect to Project/Site Management Support, the process of providing support services to projects/sites in the form of external cost analysis and estimate reviews in addition to estimate-to-budget conversions:
Position Skills (Indicate key skills and experience to further define the position. Proficiency levels range from lowest to highest: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert. For lists of Skills and Skill Groups in SAP, see the document on BecWeb - http://184.108.40.206/Forms/Employment/NA )
- Prepares cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. Innovates new techniques as required to meet specific needs.
- Assists projects in identifying scope deviations.
- Analyzes cost/price data from suppliers/subcontractors with the ability to generate comparative data (historical costs and other metrics) as part of the cost/price analysis.
- Participates in and contributes to Value Engineering studies.
- College/University Degree required in Engineering, preferably Civil with minimum of ten (10) years work experience.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of Estimating core processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in EPC estimating practices and methods, including demonstrated ability to organize, perform, and present cost estimating products with a minimum of supervision.
- Skilled in the preparation of discipline estimates in specialized area.
- In-depth knowledge of project schedules and ability to predict/extrapolate costs curves based on experience of scheduled-activities/cost correlation analysis.
- Knowledge of manual labor performance, equipment production and derivation of composite craft/category labor rates. Understanding of charging practices and the relationship of charging practices to commercial terms, invoicing and profitability.
- Knowledge of current industry and technical developments. Knowledge of global market pricing for commodities and construction practices. Ability to negotiate successfully with procurement and vendors and accurately evaluate alternative solutions.
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of the applicable Bechtel work processes and systems. Knowledge of administrative and supervisory procedures and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and scheduling software applications currently being used by Bechtel (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Primavera, Microsoft Project). Proficiency in estimating applications used for discipline estimates and basic knowledge of general estimating systems.
- Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to present estimating information to peers and management.
Other Remarks/Qualifications (Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
Relevant university degree required.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.