|Job Ref:||203956372||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 02:10|
You will work closely with our mechanical, electronic and PCB layout engineers, at all the different stages of product development. You will need to be able to accurately create, modify and check engineering drawings for a variety of small mechanical components, sometimes from verbal descriptions or sketches, and provide information for our sub-contractors and in-house machinist to manufacture the parts. At times this will involve talking directly to the sub-contractors to resolve problems. You will be checking prototype and other newly manufactured parts for conformance with the drawings and models.|
Essential Skills / Experience:
• Familiar with 3D modelling packages, ideally SolidWorks, but experience with AutoCAD (preferably 3D), TurboCAD or other packages such as Rhino3D would be considered.
• Educated to ONC standard or equivalent, or having significant previous CAD package experience.
• Highly competent with engineering drawings.
• An ability to accurately use measurement instruments, e.g. height and Vernier gauges, calipers, etc., to check the manufactured parts.
• Industry experience of designing small or precision components.
• Independent and willing to learn and able to take on new tasks.
Desirable, but not Essential, Skills / Experience:
* An understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
* Practical, "hands-on" skills, comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools.
* An appreciation of change control procedures, e.g. ECO/ECN systems.
Closing date to apply is 03.11.16