|Job Ref:||160003DE||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||Singapore||City:||Jurong||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:00|
HR Services Manager |
This is not one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Cummins Sales & Services Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing services to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Singapore for a HR Services Manager who will be responsible to lead the payroll processing activities for specific payroll groups including the preparation, processing and balancing of payroll. The role will also be responsible for the administration of HR Business Services support in the areas of benefits, on-boarding and other related employee services.
Managing relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally, will be key to success in this role.
Thinking beyond your desk includes
• Manages the overall, day-to-day Human Resources employee service lines delivered within Singapore, in support of the broader company's business objectives, which may include compensation administration, benefits administration, employee mobility, payroll administration, employee on boarding and other related employee service lines
• Provide support to the South Pacific & SEA HR Services Regional Leader in strategic decision making and planning to cost effectively deliver and improve services and operations in the region
• Maintains a broad understanding of employee service line strategies, policies, procedures and the applicable legislation impacting Singapore
• Monitors and assesses metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA's), monitors legislative compliance and takes action to ensure all requirements and agreements are met within the region
• Ensure that payroll is prepared according to internal process & payments are calculated & paid accurately and timely
• Reviews the issuance of checks, preparation of off-cycle or replacements checks & maintenance of payroll system information
• Leads the review & preparation of data necessary for the filing of payroll-related tax returns & miscellaneous withholding forms, ensures generation of year-end reports
• Aligns with key human resources and business partners on the implementation of various employee service initiatives and improvements to ensure customer requirements and business needs are understood and considered when delivering HR services
• Champion and deliver strong Customer Service Excellence and proactively foster constructive internal and external customer relationships and partnerships
• Partners with Global Service Owners, HR Operations and Business Services Leadership to ensure services are delivered and maintained in line with specified strategies, standards, service level agreements and cost
• Demonstrate the 5 Cummins Leadership Competencies: Coach and Develop; Foster Open Communication; Manage Diversity; Talent Management; Think Strategically/Set the Aim
Skills and Experience required
• 5 years of relevant experience in a HR environment with 1-2 years supervisory skills
• Familiar with the Employment Act and local immigration rules
• Good knowledge of HR transactional work
• Good knowledge on benefits administration and flexi benefits scheme
• Ability to building trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships)
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to the needs of diverse groups of stakeholders; can coach others on managing disagreements/difficult situations
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Ability to navigate through complexity and ambiguity
• Functional knowledge of major payroll systems, preferred ADP / Onepay
• Experience processing payroll in the region or Australia, and understanding of the local regulatory environment preferred
• Ability to work with cross functional and cross border teams
• Good project management skills & has effectively implemented low to moderately complex projects
Required Education / Licenses / Certifications
• Degree in Human Resources or any Business related discipline
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as wellness benefits and rewards.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, veteran status, citizenship, and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website or company website .