|Job Ref:||160003EI||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kentucky||City:||Florence||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:05|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget.
• Performs complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
• Compiles, consolidates, and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
• Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
• Conducts research and analysis on complex issues, and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on analysis.
• Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management, and operates in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
• Makes appropriate journal entries to general ledger.
• Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
• Coaches less experienced Accountants.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Strong Accounting skills.
• Ability to proactively analyze data and converse in a concise manner with the Controller.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
• Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
• Responsible for inventory accounting, including inventory reserves and the cycle count program.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .