|Job Ref:||160003DR||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:07|
Marketing Functional Excellence Project Manager |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Marketing Functional Excellence Project Manager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Marketing Projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Manages, develops, and implements programs composed of multiple cross functional projects. Partners with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
• Leads multiple cross-functional projects that may comprise a program from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
• In very large programs this role could include the responsibility to work with business and functional leaders to define tangible and measurable business outcomes and to lead the program achieving those business outcomes.
• Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
• Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
• Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
• Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; identifies alternatives or solutions; applies motivational techniques to broad-based organization change issues.
• Leverages experience of cross-functional resources and resources external to the project team; documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
• Ensures that project documentation is complete; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
• Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members; coaches other Project Managers in managing teams.
Skills & Experience Required:
Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional, cross-organizational project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan. Trains and/or mentors others in Change and Issue Management.
Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables. Proficiently uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and proactively manages change. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents). Trains and/or mentors others in scope management.
Schedule Management - Manages complex schedules integrating multiple sub-projects. Coaches "should mapping" sessions, and/or has an advanced level of proficiency with schedule management tools. Trains and/or mentors others in schedule management.
Resource Plan Management - Develops, manages, and coordinates cross-functional, cross-organizational resource plans for a portfolio, program, and/or project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively. Trains and/or mentors others in Resource Management.
Stakeholder Management And Communication - Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders at many levels of the company and across many functions and across boundaries (geography/cultures/plants/suppliers) on high impact, cross-functional or multi-year initiatives on a project, program or groups of projects and programs. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder. Trains and/or mentors others in stakeholder management.
Business Planning/Strategy - Performs business planning (business case, NPV, etc.) and strategic analysis and able to do sanity checks on the data.
Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the detailed work in multiple cross-functional areas. Trains and/or mentors this skill.
Project Risk Management - Leads complex or large project teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk. Trains and/or mentors other in this skill.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .