|Job Ref:||JOH005G||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Contract||City:||Johannesburg||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 04:01|
Knowledge/Experience/Competencies Required |
Passion for the Business
· Must be seen as an industry professional, acting with drive and determination.
· Works to exceed objectives be increasing the individuals capability.
· Demonstrates significant commitment to achieve key business priorities.
Leadership and Self Confidence
· Has to be seen as a dynamic knowledgeable individual, who can engage positively with people Is confident, and motivational in team gatherings.
· Has the confidence and courage to offer alternative solutions to clients' challenges.
· Likes challenging assignments, and is excited by challenge and change.
· Is able to work on multiple projects of various size, commodity and complexity.
· Is able to gain trust, and professional respect from the team through words and actions.
· Considered an effective collaborator: knows who the project stakeholders are on the project and must know how to bring them together and work with them to achieve productive outcomes.
Business Intelligence and Commercial Awareness
· Has the ability and subject technical expertise to deliver projects.
· Can take responsibility for management within the project.
· Effective customer relationship management which demonstrates trust, credibility and longevity.
· Understands customers' agendas and uses that understanding in addressing the customers' business priorities and solutions.
· Essential to be seen as a subject matter expert (SME).
· Must be able to conduct a conversation with a customer to follow through on an inquiry, an issue or an idea.
· Identifies challenges before they arise and offers solutions through stakeholder interaction.
Developing Self and Others
· Gives continued coaching, support and encouragement to subordinates and takes an active interest in others' learning and development.
· Provides practical advice, demonstrations, and additional resources to make the job easier and build other's understanding and capability.
· Shares own experience or expertise to help develop others' capabilities and confidence.
· Provides practical support or assistance to help others to learn.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
· Significant operations or business experience across the various phases of project delivery either on-site or within the client environment.
· Typically 5 to 8 Years' experience with a minimum of 2 year's experience in consulting. engagement/project management and/or business and resource management.
· Minimum 2 to 5 years in Mine Planning department.
· Technically capable in their field of expertise. Relevant undergrad qualification.
· Good understanding of mining methods and mine planning information systems.
· Experienced in testing new and existing engineering technologies relating to the location and extraction of minerals from the earth and overseeing the safety of mining operations and supervision of miners.
· Ability to utilise the in house mining software packages of Advisian, such as, Studio 5-D Planner, Enhanced Production Scheduler, Surpac Mine Scheduler, Whittle and Micro Station.
· An NQF 5 -6 Qualification in Mine Planning issued under the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations, or acceptable International equivalent.
· Southern African Institute for Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM). Registration.
· Further qualification as in Bsc/BTech in Geology/Mining/any relevant equivalent tertiary qualification in Mining, Geology or a Mineral Resources related discipline.
· Computer Literacy.
· Mine Planning software experience in (Studio 5-D Planner, Deswik Cad, Enhanced Production Scheduler, Surpac Mine Scheduler, Whittle in/or equivalent programs).
· Subject matter Safety knowledge.
· Solid understanding of engineering concepts and application of knowledge.
· Communication, particularly relationship management.
· Participative team player.
· Planning and organizing, with strong project management skills.
· Can operate in environment of complexity.
· Ability to work in a matrix structure.
· Effective technical and practical engineering skills in Mining and Minerals/resources industry.