|Job Ref:||11069BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||India||City:||Pune||Address:||Post Date:||26/10/2016 04:09|
The professional level Systems Administrator (/ IT monitoring engineer?) position is a role requiring intermediate proficiency in multiple IT systems and applications. This position is primarily responsible for conducting proactive operational systems monitoring, analysing monitoring data, and contributing to problem resolution. Responsibilities may also include other IT operational and administrative functions necessary for ensuring service delivery. |
Technical Delivery (65%)
Service Management (25%) Project Delivery (5%)
Business Process (5%)
• Provide ongoing administration and configuration of System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
• Assist in the installation. Maintenance, and general support of monitoring systems.
• Proactively monitor, maintain, and administer servers and application systems, which may include but not limited to, physical and virtual servers, SQL, Active Directory, Data Backups, Storage, and enterprise applications.
• Contribute to the maturity and enhancement of monitoring services, including but not limited to reporting, dashboard development, and continual process improvement.
• Contribute to service interruption recovery and root cause analysis.
• Deploy software updates and security patches to servers and workstations.
• Participate in cross training and mentoring with service team.
• Provide Tier 1 or Tier 2 end user and operational support as appropriate.
• Support the Service Management processes (including but not limited to Incident / Service Request / Change / Problem / Release)
• Participate in projects as an operational resource, providing recommendations and performing tasks as required.
• Contribute to the development of operational procedures and documentation.
• Demonstrates an outstanding "customer orientation" to service management
• Self-starter - The ability to work with minimal supervision
• Awareness of the challenges and benefits of working in geographically and culturally dispersed, global, virtual teams, and willingness to work cooperatively with others on such teams
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exhibit a natural curiosity, passion, and a desire to find ways to apply technology to business challenges
• Promotes innovation and continual process improvement
• Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area, and the ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approaches
Intermediate or higher level of knowledge in:
• Monitoring and reporting technologies and concepts
• Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
• Microsoft Active Directory Services
• File and Print services
• Microsoft server operating systems (2003, 2008, 2012)
• IT Service Management best practices
Basic or higher understanding of the following infrastructure technology services:
• Dell OpenManage Administration
• Virtualization technologies and concepts (VMWare esx, Hyperv)
• Network Technologies and services
Experience with the following would be a plus:
• Microsoft Powershell
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in IT or a related discipline or minimum of 3+ years working in an IT environment required.
• Windows 2003/2008/2012 Microsoft (MCITP, MCSE, or similar) certification preferred.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)