|Job Ref:||11302BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falmer||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 04:04|
MWH, now part of Stantec, is searching for a Lead Design Engineer - Water to join our team on a permanent basis in Falmer. |
MWH's strategy is to develop and grow the service we are able to offer in supporting our water industry clients to better understand their assets and develop, design and deliver schemes to enhance their assets. This role is to support the established MWH team in achieving this ambition, whilst increasing the business understanding of the team and building MWH's reputation as the recognised industry leader in this field of engineering and operation.
The role will be based in our Falmer office collated with Southern Water working as part of a water or wastewater treatment works design team on our clients Contracts.
- Lead a team carrying out investigations, surveys, design, engineering calculations and preparation of working drawings and estimates for waste and water treatment schemes.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with key members of the client's asset management, delivery and operations teams.
- Work with Process, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers to develop designs
- Work with CAD team to produce drawings and 3D models
- Engage with stakeholders as required
- Engage with Operations staff as required
- Engage with Suppliers as required
- Produce designs to Southern Water asset standards
- Help present proposals to the client and for internal governance
- Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
-Strong project management skills
- Chartered Engineer
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Proven post graduate experience in the water industry
- Experience in the design and construction of wastewater and/or water treatment works
- Confident with the preparation and use of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications
- Computer literate
- Good client service focus
- Experience in a self-managed role
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)