SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and are looking for Civil Designers.|
The main duties and responsibilities as part of this position include:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Layout and detailing design involvement with projects related to earthworks, roads, buried services and storm water drainage.
- Produce detailed engineering deliverables for civil related projects.
- Preparing contract engineering drawings and record keeping.
- Liaise with external and internal customers to ensure quality and timely outcomes.
- Diploma or equivalent in Civil engineering design or drafting.
- Demonstrated capability as a designer on previous mining projects /industrial sites will be highly regarded.
- Thorough understanding of inter-discipline requirements.
- 3D modeling and 2D drafting experience is essential.
- Demonstrable competency in Microstation V8i & InRoads.
- Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Problem solving attitude.
- Ability to work in a team-environment
- Exposure to municipal engineering
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.