|Job Ref:||2016-12392||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12392
Area of Interest: EN - Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): College Diploma
Posted Date: 10/3/2016
Experience (Years): 3
The Vancouver Office of Golder Associates is seeking a Project Accountant to support our project teams across regions, divisions and organizations throughout the project life cycle.
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities, including:
* Billing/Project Support
* Accurate processing of project accounting transactions, including project set up and invoicing;
* Ensuring integrity of project budget and change requests by maintaining adherence to contractual terms and agreements; and
* Advising project managers on how to proceed with Work Breakdown Structure to facilitate billing.
* Analysis and Revenue Recognition
* Identifying potential areas of project profit margin improvement by analyzing project performance;
* Gathering project accrual information as needed for billing;
* Performing monthly revenue recognition adjustments, as required; and
* Assisting in the development of corrective plans.
* Internal/External Client Service
* Assisting project managers with monthly reports;
* Working with project teams to improve processes; and
* Serving as a primary contact between Golder finance and client accounting teams.
* Accounting Tasks and Projects
* Providing information to internal and external auditors;
* Identifying material variances and analyzing trends for all levels of management; and
* Other ad-hoc tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
* 3+ years of relevant accounting experience with a professional services firm;
* Relevant educational experience in accounting;
* Pursuing a professional accounting designation would be considered an asset but is not required;
* Experience with larger ERP systems highly desirable, BST experience is a plus;
* Qualified candidates will have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM considered an asset;
* Prior supervisory experience is a plus;
* Strong analytical problem solving skills and attention to detail;
* Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
* Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to work in a team.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients' needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.