|Job Ref:||204724298||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||West Thurrock||Address:||Salary:||£41882/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:04|
The Company: |
* This role is working for one of the world's largest terminal operators, offers the opportunity to work for a global institution in a challenging working environment that relies upon team work, commitment and leadership.
* This development is a unique development that will combine the UK's newest deep-sea container port.
* Due to expansion and the construction of Berth 3 we are now looking for additional technicians to join our engineering team.
Road & Drainage Engineer
* The role of Road & Drainage Engineer is a two year fixed term contract the purpose of the role is to deliver specific highways schemes associated with development in conjunction with Thurrock council, deliver improvement works to the Logistics Park road and drainage infrastructure and to deliver numerous minor infrastructure works including but not limited to roads, drainage, pavements and general civil engineering works;
* The key objective is to ensure all local and internal roads are to a standard suitable for the planned operation of the Port and Logistics Park, and ensure that the drainage system is operational and is efficient and available to meet tenants flood risk requirements for the Logistics Park.
* Co-ordinate with the Council and undertake the Gifford Cross and Sologuards public works;
* Plan and organise delivery of any changes / improvements necessary to the park drainage system ensuring that it will be delivered on time and within budget;
* Manage the procurement of appropriate consultants and contractors to deliver assigned projects;
* Deliver park infrastructure projects, when required, to ensure that the needs of the customer will be met as well as the requirements of the LG Project Programme;
* Manage the construction contract of assigned projects.
* Monitor the defects of the completed infrastructure and manage the Contractor's remedial works to ensure all is completed to the required companies standards;
* Provide guidance, assistance and management in the delivery of maintenance works on the completed Port & Logistics Park infrastructure.
* Manage works carried out by Consultants and Contractors to ensure that the objectives are achieved;
* Ensure that all contractor non-conformance/complaints are resolved efficiently and effectively, with relevant improvements made as necessary;
* Liaise and work with relevant authorities and internal departments to ensure timely approvals for LG works are obtained. These duties will include detailed technical discussions with the Local Highways and Planning Authorities and the Environment Agency.
* Company will provide specialist advice on legal and planning matters;
* Ensure project budgets are met and claims and any resultant variations are minimised.
* Contribute to the continuous business improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives;
* To be an ambassador for the company at all times internally and externally;
* Comply with Fatal Risk Standards, Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensure responsibility for safety and discipline in work area and report accidents and 'near misses' in accordance with defined safety procedures;
* The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
Qualifications, skills and Experience Required:
* BEng Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering;
* Sufficient experience covering both the detailed design and supervision of civil engineering projects with a particular focus on roads & drainage schemes
* All positions are subject to CRB checks.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency