|Job Ref:||204724359||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum 10% Car Allowance + Full Package||Post Date:||26/10/2016 02:30|
We are looking to procure a "Chartered Structural Engineer" or "Chartered Civil Engineer" to take over and manage an established Bristol office of a multi disciplinary engineering consultancy. |
With five offices across the UK, they offer both civil and structural engineering services to a range of clients across the retail, care, technology, residential and offshore sectors. Typical projects include Schools, Supermarkets, Care Homes, Retirement Living, High End Residential and Data centres. As a company, they are well known for their value engineering and pre-development expertise, with a focus on zero to land fill design and terrain modelling. They regularly win industry awards and are on the cutting edge of BIM technology.
They run a happy ship and imbue a "right first time" approach to their work. Career progression and technical development is high on their list of unique selling points as a business as well as a relaxed and flexible working environment
The Bristol office has been identified as an area of growth for the business with fairly aggressive plans to increase the size of the office by 50% over the next 12 - 18 months. This will also involve finding larger premises in the central Bristol area.
Reporting to a visiting Operations Director, you will be expected to lead a motivated and effective technical team of six ensuring that projects are consistently delivered on time and within budget. You will work closely with other offices in the company to ensure that resources are used effectively maximising efficiency at every opportunity.
Key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
* Successful delivery of regional office projects, both financially and technically.
* Develop local knowledge of businesses, competitors, and opportunities.
* Represent the organisation in meetings with a variety of external agencies, clients, contractors, consultants, local authorities etc.
* Provide clear technical direction to the team to identify solutions and resolve complex problems.
* Contribute to the overall strategy and development of the business.
* Recruit and retain a motivated and effective workforce, including performance management of the team.
* Oversee and compose Fee Proposals.
* Support the Business Development Manager attending networking events, maintaining client relationships and assisting with strategic direction for new work streams.
* Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE) with extensive post graduate structural/civil engineering experience in a consultancy environment.
* Similar project experience to the sectors outlines above
* Commercially aware and able to manage budgets
* Proven track record in management
* Experience in successfully managing multiple projects.
* Strong interpersonal skills with experience dealing with external stakeholders and developing new relationships.
* Awareness of industry software packages.
* Excellent report writing skills.
* Sound knowledge of relevant Codes of Practise for design/Health and Safety
* Highly competitive basic salary
* 10% car allowance + business mileage paid at 45p per mile
* 4.5% pension
* Bonus based on office perfomance
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Private family health-care
To submit your CV now using the APPLY button.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy