|Job Ref:||204724751||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum plus package||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:06|
Rail Site Manager |
Our client was established in 2009 and continues to grow consistently year on year due to offering specialist expertise within numerous areas of the civil engineering, sub structure, construction, earthworks and groundworks sectors. In short, they truly are a bespoke, turnkey contractor. Possessing clear business divisions our client is able to offer individual packages in isolation or complete solutions, with this multi-disciplinary approach ensuring added value is driven into their clients schemes, providing substantial cost and programme benefits. Additionally they have extensive experience in both pre planned and reactive / emergency across many industry sectors and have consistently delivered high quality schemes, below budget and ahead of programme to their ever growing client base.
The experienced and professional staff are always looking for a more effective or efficient way of working, and the company is regularly approached at the feasibility or design stages of a project to assist with technical solutions and innovative methods for demanding contract applications. The team can provide solutions for unexpected conditions and are also able to design and install temporary works to minimise cost and delays to any project. The team is highly trained, committed and has a range of practical skills backed with experience, additionally offering in depth technical support and management skills.
Due to continued growth and a number of significant long term framework contract awards within the Rail sector, which covers disciplines such as foundations, infrastructure, stabilisation, tunnelling and all civil engineering works, our client is now looking to appoint a Site Manager to operationally assist in the development and delivery of numerous contracts through effective management and servicing associated clients. You will also focus upon maintaining net margins and a high level of client satisfaction, as such, a dynamic, self-motivated and adaptable individual is required to assist with all schemes.
• To assist in the development and management of all projects and contracts with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of the division
• To assist in the development and implementation of project plans for contracts, ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis upon service delivery; and to effectively manage all activities with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality, health and safety and business planning
• Where necessary to act as a focal point for the client; steering and guiding contracts forward, operational input into tenders, ensuring full client liaison and development, coupled with moving the business ahead by increasing service levels and client focus
• Working with the commercial team to ensure effective cash flow management. Also producing accurate progress/project reports on time. Cooperate tightly with the Financial department
• Assist in site / project review meetings with the staff in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery aspects.
• Assist in further developing the supply chain and sub-contractor partnering process, where necessary, to improve upon existing terms if possible.
• To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of site staff.
• To attend regular meetings with staff to discuss progress as well as providing site reports and to liaise with other Managers within the Group with regard to operating policy.
• Of a good level of education and possessing a proven track record in a site / contracts / projects role from within the rail sector.
• To ideally have assisted in the development and delivery of projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and people management.
• To have had first-hand exposure to various technically complex / challenging contracts and therefore able to demonstrate a tenacious, lead from the front approach to getting the job done and to have previous experience of working in a client focused environment.
• Must possess an excellent understanding of the project / delivery contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop yourself both technically and commercially.
• Able to demonstrate a career of steady progression, climbing through the ranks in a structured manner with reputable organisations.
• Good levels of experience at both pre and post contract stage.
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience of site / project management and delivery within the rail industry. An attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer, along with career progression and security of work given the company has a clear and defined commitment to growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality