|Job Ref:||204724962||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Wales||Address:||Post Code:||CF3||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:06|
Location: South Wales
Kier Construction is looking to recruit a Commercial Lead, who will report to the National Chief Surveyor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for managing the commercial resources of a major project, to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts.
* Manage and develop the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
* Ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved
* Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
* Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holder of a Full Driving Licence Degree
* Holds the relevant qualifications ( Degree in Quantity Surveying)
* Experience within a similar role
* Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities
* Excellent communicator (written and verbally with clients, colleagues and the public)
* Good organiser and ability to prioritise
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer