|Job Ref:||204725047||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Negotiable (DOE)||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:06|
Job Title - Assistant Quantity Surveyor / PQS|
Salary / Package - £20K-£30K / (Negotiable DoE)
Position - Permanent
Location - Manchester
Our client a leading independent global construction consultancy who offer a wide range of services to the construction and property industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients throughout the world and are currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Manchester.
They are currently experiencing an increase in work, mainly across the Commercial, Residential, Retail and Education sectors and are looking for a recently qualified Quantity Surveyor to reinforce their current team.
The successful candidate will have gained experience working within a Quantity Surveyor role for another Consultancy/PQS organisation and should be competent when it comes to the delivery of small to medium sized projects. Knowledge within contract administration and experience gained within Commercial, Residential, Retail or Education would be beneficial although not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading independent global consultancy that will provide support and development within your Quantity Surveyor career and excellent opportunities for growth and progression.
Responsibilities - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
* Liaising with all stakeholders to enable the projects progress without delay.
* Assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models.
* Assist in the preparation of activity schedules and presentation of tender documentation.
* Attend interviews and carryout full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
* Interface with Programme Manager, Project Managers and Planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support.
* Ensure projects are managed in accordance with Contract and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
* Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at project level.
* Support the project delivery team and maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
Key Requirements - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
* Proven track record of delivering construction project work packages / contracts utilising NEC & JCT.
* Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
* Working towards, MRICS / MCIOB / MICES.
* Comfortable interfacing with Senior Management and Stakeholders.
* Excellent analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decision and reporting findings to Clients and Stakeholders